2.05.2011

"I am who I am:The Portrait Reconsidered." Steven Zevitas Gallery. January 20-February 26.

Friday was a day of firsts. It was my first time going to First Friday in the South End. There was so much to see and I ran into many familiar faces. My favorite work that I saw was at a group show that was bounded by the theme of portrait. MassArt faculty Steve Locke had a small painting up.

I like the absurdity and raw emotion in the following paintings.
Michael Hilsman, If I had known that my robe had come loose, I’d have tied it tighter (Fruitman), 2010, oil and acrylic on canvas, 80 x 64 inches.
Peter Opheim, Untitled, 2010, oil on canvas, 40 x 40 inches.
John Copeland, The Fruit of Promise, acrylic on canvas.
Steven Zevitas Gallery is a exhibition space attached to the offices of the art periodical, New American Paintings. It is located at 450 Harrison Ave. in the South End.

No comments:

Post a Comment